Stuffy noses are no fun!
An all natural vapor rub can open the breathing passages, soothe the tissues, and bring relief to otherwise uncomfortable situations.
The first time I had a stuffy nose after moving far away from my mom was a turning point in my life. Being away from mom was sad enough, but not being close enough to her so she could wipe some vapor rub on my chest and nose, wipe her hands on a tissue, hand me the tissue to sniff, then kiss me on the cheek was the impetus for the formulation of my Breathe Easy Vapor Rub. Of course, this was many years ago, yet I still make the balm and think of her when I use it. It really helps! As an added bonus, the vapor rub can be used on the feet to combat athlete’s foot fungus.
Homemade Vapor Rub
- 6 ounces cottonwood bud medicinal oil or plain extra virgin olive oil, warmed
- 1 ounce melted beeswax
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon menthol crystals
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 20 drops camphor essential oil
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Melt the beeswax, add the medicinal oil, menthol crystals and essential oils.
- Stir until all ingredients are incorporated, then pour into jars.
- The vapor balm has a high percentage of essential oils in it, but it’s formulated that way to be very effective. Feel free to adjust the volume of essential oils to your preference.
In today’s world, stress and anxiety seem to be constant companions in life journeys. What can be done about the crushing burdens both place?
Just learned about you from my sister in Centralia. Am totally frantic on what I want to do, down load, read, or pass on to others FIRST! Sent, inbetween breathing, to two others and have many more friends to send your everything to.
Thank you for uniting all the DNA in one place to educate myself and thank you to all those who teacher who give of themselves. Standing ovations you all, please.
Thank you, Marcine! Did you see that we offer online and in-person workshops in Seattle, WA and Sandpoint, ID? Check them out on the school page: cedarmountainherbs.com/school/
We’d love to see you! xxoo