Home page Forums Herbs in the Garden Where to find the best seeds!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Kristinajmarvin
      Wildling

Finally a buzz feed I can follow!!! I have put together an amazing list of herbs I want to grow in this years garden. Among them I want to find lavender, lemon balm, hops, milky oats, mugwort, roses and a few others 🙂 Where do you suggest purchasing seeds from? I wish there was a giant gardeners co-op for seed sharing… IS THERE?

There are seed sharing groups around! Look up Ladies Homestead Gathering ~ https://ladieshomesteadgathering.org/
      I know our Sandpoint Idaho chapter is doing a seed exchange in a couple weeks. There are Washington chapters and chapters all over the country!

Incidentally, I’ll be sharing lots of seed and start companies this coming Saturday in my online Creating Herb Gardens for Health and Beauty workshop!

In the meantime, Nichols, Richters, and Baker Creek are great seed and start companies.

Sita
      Wildling

Hello! I also like Strictly Medicinal Seeds for harder to find herbs. They are organic, gmo-free, open-pollinated.

If you live anywhere near Camano Island, I have lemon balm growing all over my property and can give you some starts. I didn’t plant the lemon balm, it just showed up – it must want to be shared! Joy! Sita

Heather Bruno
      Keymaster

I echo Sita- I love Strictly Medicinal Seeds-that would be a great place to get your milky oats. And you can get some baby mugwort starts from me!

Kristinajmarvin
      Wildling

If you could see my heart smiling right now!!!! My home!! My real true and authentic home of people! I love you ladies.

Sita – Thank you very much! I have checked the website out and have a cart full of amazing herbs already 😀 thank you so much! I hope to see you out at the farm this coming year <3

Suzanne – You gave me everything I needed on the last herb garden class. I am now planning on where to grow these babies and planning out a general “map” of this years garden. I cannot wait to start growing Calendula and milky oats… thank you so much! Aunt Mary’s spearmint is growing strong (insert arm flex here)

Heather- 😀 😀 baby Mugwort starts!!!!! my jaw just hit the ground in excitement! I cannot wait!! Have you done any distilling with Mugwort? Or rather have you made any hydrosols from it? I cant wait to get back out there with you women. Much love! Namaste beauties.

Heather Bruno
      Keymaster

@Kristinajmarvin (does this work? Let’s find out!)
      I DO use the mugwort for hydrosol! I have some special hydrosol that I made on our last Blue Moon on 10/31. I charged my still and water in the moonlight before distilling the mugwort. I call it “Ancestral Dreams”. And since it was inspired by YOU I have some to give you! XOXO

Kristinajmarvin
      Wildling

Holy heaven, Heather!!! 😍😁 I feel so honored. Thank you SO much!! I love that you charged it under the full moon. It also means so much to me too 😍 That was a particularly hard moon for me too. I find it so validating to hear this 🙏 women have followed the cycle of the moon forever and somewhere it seemed to have gotten lost in time. Much like the almighty healing powers of herbs and all thing growing on our abundant earth. The power of the people in the hands of the people. The knowledge being past down to the rightful owners. Infusing the moon gives it so much extra lighthearted love and strength. Beautiful and I can’t wait!!! I am so grateful for CMHS and everyone I have been blessed to meet on this journey. Can’t wait for the day we get to meet up for class! 🙏😍💙

Sita
      Wildling

Holy snap-a-doodles, This is a really amazing group! Kristina, you come up to the farm and our homestead whenever you’d like – no need to wait for a formal gathering. Just email to arrange something when you feel inspired. sitatocco@gmail.com. We have lots of starts up here and oodles of seeds. Heather, please come anytime, as well. And I’d be happy to trade for some baby mugwort. We can harvest it all along the coast here during the right time, but I’d love to have some on our homestead.

Oodles of joy to you all,
      Sita

PS, If there are folks who’d like to go on an informal foraging adventure, I’d love it. Just planting that seed idea. 🙂

Kristinajmarvin
      Wildling

Sita! 🥰🥰🥰🙏🥰 wahoo that made me smile and super excited! I would be SO honored to come visit you on the farm and would greatly love a foraging trip!

When we get it planned out I would love to bring you some of my soaps for trade 🥰

You will continue to see how amazing this group really is. I have grown so much in my personal journey and development. It’s an internal spark. One that perks your fascination and creativity. That puts you on a course to true personal freedom. And in this world we need all of that. We are among our people 🙏🥰 I look forward to getting to know you more on this journey as well.

Have a great day.

Kristina

Sita
      Wildling

Perfect, Kristina! 🙂

It is easy to see how amazing this group is and I’m very grateful for the blessing to have found you all through the farm and Suzanne.

Be in touch with my email address when you’d like to visit. And, we can get an informal foraging trip going. I have not yet collected Cottonwood buds, and would love to go happy hunting with others. I’m not sure what the time window is. Harvesting from trees is new to me.

With oodles of joy, Sita

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.