Home page Forums Herbal Remedy Making Rose Water

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Kristina marvinKristinajmarvin
      Wildling

I have been working on making my own rose water to add to face creams and such… I am running into the problem of….. spoilage… without putting it into the fridge it only lasts a few days…. I have the idea of straining it better, with a finer strain to hopefully take out as much plant matter as possible.. but, is there anything else to add that would help to prolong it without adding any negative additives? I was thinking of adding some of my rose extract.. but.. wanted to run this past the pros first. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Kristina

Hello love!

A rose hydrosol would be a better alternative to homemade rose water. What is being sold commercially as rose water is hydrosol. I keep my hydrosols in the fridge and they last and last!

Is it time to buy a teeny still for yourself? Here is where Heather and I purchased ours:

Products

Wildling

That is exactly the answer I needed and that is exactly what I now MUST do 🥰😁🙌 thank you!! I was checking out the stills a few weeks ago too 😁🥰 I cannot wait..

That does make a LOT more sense for keeping longer (hydrosol vs water) I also feel that stills can bring so many other valuable avenues for making thingS. Keeping on the path of growing and learning.

Thank you!

Yes, we are always learning! Hey, Heather and Gottfried missed you at the garden today. I am going to meet Heather at the garden the Monday after Roots to Tips starts next month. There will be more to dig up!

Wildling

They sure did NOT miss me 😁😁🥰🥰 i got there just in time! And some treats headed your way. I would also love to help next time too 🤩🥰 your garden space was so inspiring to see. You really use the space so well. It was really great to see. I cannot wait for roots to tips!

Oh joy! I’m glad you got there before they left! Were you able to dig up any plants?????

And treats? Yay! Thank you! I love presents! I hear that Heather had treats for you, too!

Roots to Tips is going to be a blast! xxoo

Wildling

As always, it was a beautiful exchange of laughs, love, knowledge and smiles… you were missed in the physical but there SO much so, in spirit <3 it was so beautiful.. I love seeing your hubman out there working so carefully for you… it is just so refreshing to see… and how you speak of him during classes… what a beautiful love!!! I truly love your guys’ love story.

I got some of your roses trimmings.. I am going to love them and put them in willow water 🙂 hopefully they will root up a bit… I think they will… and I got a bunch of different starts.

I got Mugwort starts from Heather too! And she brought the hydrosol 😀 😀 😀

I learned a lot from only being there 30 minutes 😀 as I do every time I am around you or this tribe <3

What I really appreciated most was seeing how efficiently you are using your small space there. And seeing the other gardens and what I COULD be growing right NOW!! That was exciting to see… your neighbor had Brussel sprouts and kale ready for the picking… it was a fresh breath of excitement for the season that is upon us 😀 And Heather gives me so much love and amazing advice.. I feel so thankful for YOU BOTH!!!!! SO SO SOOOO MUCH. Beautiful people <3 what you seek, seeks you <3

Aaaand, now I’m crying…

Wildling

😄🥰🥰 Good cries are the best! 💙🦋

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.