Home page Forums Essential Oils Copper distiller – your preference?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Sita ToccoSita
      Wildling

Hello Friends, I am looking to purchase a small copper distiller for home use. We have a large one at the farm – but it’s so large that it requires *a lot* of plant materials.

I’m looking for brand recommendations and size recommendations. Well, I’ll be grateful for any insights, actually!

Thank you in advance.

Joy, Sita

Hi Sita!

I get my copper alembic stills from Al-Ambiq Iberian Coppers S.A.

https://www.copper-alembic.com/en/

They are handmade by artisans in Portugal. I’ve had lots of conversations with David, the owner. He tells me that many of his artisans are elder and that buying a still from them literally puts food on their tables. I love directing my money that way.

They make teeny tiny stills that are .7 liters all the way up to the large still that Ananda uses to distill their amazing lavender essential oil.

I believe that the still I have is is a 10 liter. I get 1/2 gallon of hydrosol per batch, which is the perfect amount for me. It gives me the opportunity to make hydrosols with lots of different plants without being overrun with the volume. That being said, in my hydrosol fridge (yes, I have a fridge just for hydrosols!) I have 2.5 gallons of lavender hydrosol that I made from my plants last summah. Can’t ever have too much lavender hydrosol!

Love and light! Suzanne

Hi Sita!

I get my copper alembic stills from Al-Ambiq Iberian Coppers S.A.

https://www.copper-alembic.com/en/

They are handmade by artisans in Portugal. I’ve had lots of conversations with David, the owner. He tells me that many of his artisans are elder and that buying a still from them literally puts food on their tables. I love directing my money that way.

They make teeny tiny stills that are .7 liters all the way up to the large still that Ananda uses to distill their amazing lavender essential oil.

I believe that the still I have is is a 10 liter. I get 1/2 gallon of hydrosol per batch, which is the perfect amount for me. It gives me the opportunity to make hydrosols with lots of different plants without being overrun with the volume. That being said, in my hydrosol fridge (yes, I have a fridge just for hydrosols!) I have 2.5 gallons of lavender hydrosol that I made from my plants last summah. Can’t ever have too much lavender hydrosol!

Love and light! Suzanne

Sita ToccoSita
      Wildling

Thank you, Suzanne – I will check them out. Do you have the one for hydrosol or hydrosol and eo’s?

I have a big ol’ smile on my face that you have a fridge just for hydrosols.:-)

Joy! Sita

You’re welcome, love! I have just the hydrosol still at this time.

Yep…a fridge just for hydrosols….it’s a swooning thing, isn’t it?

Kristina marvinKristinajmarvin
      Wildling

Thank you for sharing the Still link!!! 😀 😀

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.