Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner! Handcrafted gifts offer an “I really care about you!” vibe, and it feels good to get creative in the kitchen!
We’ll spend the day creating amazing gifts that everyone will love. Some will be demonstration, some will have the students’ hands in the process.
The way to many a loved one’s heart is through their stomach, yes? We’ll make the following yummy treats:
- Dark Chocolate Elderberry Truffles: Herbal truffles are super yummy, healthy, and carry the medicine of plants to people in a way that they will happily eat! And yes, chocolate comes from a plant so it is technically an herb and definitely healthy for your body and soul!
- Herbal Brownies: One of my apprentices’ favorites, these brownies are vegan and raw, all organic, and full of healthful herbs!
From my book Wild and Beautiful, Naturally!
Our skin is an outer indication of our inner health. Did you know? A high percentage of what we put on our skin goes directly into the bloodstream. Chemicals used for scenting, preservatives, emulsifiers, sudsing agents, and colorants can cause allergic reactions, not to mention endocrine imbalances, genetic mutations, and even cancers.
Buyer Beware! Read labels and empower yourself by knowing your ingredients and understanding not only what they do or don’t do, but how they are made.
In that vein, we’ll make skin nourishing all natural botanical skin care remedies!
- Ponderosa Pine Mineral Bath Soak: Therapy for your skin! Magnesium salts and baking soda conditions and nourishes the skin while providing relief from muscle aches and pains. The pine needles and bark provide a phenomenal amount of pain-relieving essential oils and smell like heaven on earth.
- Cocoa Loco Orange Lotion Bars: Use as a barrier before gardening, after washing the dishes, before bedtime – you get the idea! And for those oo-la-la moments when you want to feel – and smell – extra soft and delectable!
- Hot Process Soap – Easy to make soap from scratch. Long lasting, moisturizing herbal soap lathers like a moon dog!
- Soap Felting– it’s like a woolen washcloth wrapped around a bar of soap! Super fun to make and use.
- Fizzy Bath Truffles – Escape the stresses of the world with a bath of fragrant emollient rich fizziness! Your skin will soften and tension will melt away!
We’ll discuss cool ideas for packaging that will be just the perfect touch for your loved ones. And you know that we will share amazing information about the herbs used! And everyone will get a really cool handout with room for taking notes.
What you’ll need:
- Kitchen gloves – a must for felting soap
- Two 4 ounce “gladware” plastic containers – no larger, please
- Lunch. We will take a short break around 11:30 for lunch.
- $15 materials fee to offset the cost of supplies. Thank you for understanding!
Signed copies of Wild and Beautiful, Naturally! will be available for a student discounted price!
Request This WorkshopThis class is completed - HOWEVER - if you'd like to vote for this class, enter your email below. We'll let you know next time this class gets hosted by popular demand. (Your information will be kept completely confidential and will only be used to notify you of this class.) See you next time!